USA Helicopter Team Patches

mohawkALSE

Curious to find out more info on these patches.  Ive done a little research behind them, being the 1981 patch was from the 4th World Helicopter Championships that was in Poland in which the USA Team places in first.  I'm missing the tab that said World Champions, but have seen them before.  I know the USA team consisted of a US Army Aviation portion with UH-1H and OH-58 aircraft as well as one US Civilian portion with a Bell 206.   The other patch from the French championship I havent found any info on yet.  I know there was at least of few of these championships held that the USA team participated it.   What had me stumped is the size difference between the 2.  Is the France one possibly a repro?  The Poland one looks good, and from the pics Ive seen of the 1981 team, their patches seemed to be this exact larger size.  Haven't found any other pics of the teams besides that 81 team.

HeloTeam1.jpg

HeloTeam2.jpg

USMarineCorps

Very interesting, I've never heard of these events. I doubt the French one is a repro since these appear to be a niche. Very cool!

Pic of the 1981 team, US Army component.   The civilian portion was from Bell Helicopter Textron, with the Bell Long Ranger aircraft.

1981USAteam.jpg