M1 ammo bag value/opinions

buzzbomb

30 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Thanks. And value??

I remember you could buy these at Omaha Surplus or Adventure Supply, mint, 43-44 dates in od3 with od7 webbing, $10. That was in the 80's. See what guys on epay are asking for them. I'd bet $35-$50 would be a reasonable starting point. They hold a WW2 .30 cal ammo can perfectly, kinda useful. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fairly common item or use to be here in the US. Seems a lot of them were used by the Boy Scouts and for sporting and hunting bags too in the post war years much like the mussette bags. I bought them by variations and dates. British made examples are a bit harder to find and more desireable to a collector.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Would you say 35 usd for it would be good? I live on the other side of the world and would have to pay Int shipping ( 25usd) to get it to me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 1:33 AM, buzzbomb said:

I live on the other side of the world and would have to pay Int shipping ( 25usd) to get it to me.

Have you ever heard of Mike O' Hagan there in New Zealand ? He's in Wellington. He would be a good contact for items like this.

Mikey and I shared our M1 Carbine finds for years..... Until your laws changed. A shame because he had a world class collection. I remember he was on some NZ forum about US WWII items. I have his (I hope still current) email I would pass on to you if you email or PM me. We messaged last 2 years ago.

He helped set up and was a Moderator name Mikey 51 on this forum. I'll post the link but don't know if it's still a current sight:

https://nzm1carbine.forumotion.com/

HTH,

Charlie-P777

Hi mate. Yes if you could private message me his email that would be great!! Yes our news prohibit owning carbines and Garand’s [emoji107]