Shoulder and combat leader loops

InchonJoe

Hello all. Does anyone know anything about Leadership  shoulder loops?  Other than the traditional green and those blue ones for infantry in Korea, I’ve seen red arty, yellow Cav or armored I suppose. Orange for signals. How many colors are there?  Who wore them and when?  Thanks fellas. 

There are several topics about these leadership tabs you´ll find here using the search function. This one e.g. will answer some of your questions:

I think this is the topic Proud Kraut was trying to link. Topic covers both the WWII Green Bar that was worn under the NCO ranks and the Green Loops on the shoulders as well as different color branch, OCS etc loops on the shoulder.

To my knowledge, the US Army only used green loops for combat leaders.  If you have encountered red, yellow and dark blue loops, I believe these are part of the post 1980's Boy Scout uniform.  Red used to be worn by Boy Scouts, now they wear a different shade of green, more olive, from the Army version.  A darker green is worn by Venturers.  Dark blue is worn by Webelos Scouts who wear the khaki shirt as do adult leaders.  Silver gray is worn by Council level adult leaders, while golden yellow is worn by Area, Regional and National leaders.

6 hours ago, patches said:

I think this is the topic Proud Kraut was trying to link. Topic covers both the WWII Green Bar that was worn under the NCO ranks and the Green Loops on the shoulders as well as different color branch, OCS etc loops on the shoulder.

Well, the 2008 topic I linked was exactly the topic I wanted to link.

I´m aware of the difference between combat leader stripes (green bars) and leadership loops. As I have learned from forum members mpguy80/08 and CaptCav (post # 5 & 8 in the 2008 topic I linked) the leadership loops were called "leadership tabs" by the soldies back then. Beyond that the topics you linked contain excellent informations as well.

@Gil S. Thanks for the information about Boy Scout uniform loops, I didn´t know that.

Maybe topic starter InchonJoe can post some pictures of the color loops/tabs he mentioned?

9 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Well, the 2008 topic I linked was exactly the topic I wanted to link.

I´m aware of the difference between combat leader stripes (green bars) and leadership loops. As I have learned from forum members mpguy80/08 and CaptCav (post # 5 & 8 in the 2008 topic I linked) the leadership loops were called "leadership tabs" by the soldies back then. Beyond that the topics you linked contain excellent information's as well.

@Gil S. Thanks for the information about Boy Scout uniform loops, I didn´t know that.

Maybe topic starter InchonJoe can post some pictures of the color loops/tabs he mentioned?

Yes Lars, I didn't see the link you posted, it didn't show, just a sad emoticon and this below is what I;m seeing, maybe it's only on my lap top???

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.