Mountain Training

Proud Kraut

This small 1/35 scale vignette by SOL Resin Factory was a quick one week project. The kit had only a couple of parts and was easy to build and paint.

cr 01.jpg

cr 02.jpg

As you can see I choosed the woodland camo pattern for the figure. I did some trials concerning the colors and decided to use the following Vallejo acrylic colors for the woodland pattern:

- 872 chocolate brown

- 014 gunship green

- 821 german camo beige ww II

- 057 black

Some pictures of the finished vignette

cr 03.jpg

cr 04.jpg

cr 05.jpg

cr 06.jpg

Very nice Lars! The woodland camouflage is spot on. You did a great job on the cliffside; but I really like that you added the "Edelweiss" patches of the German Mountain Divisions and I remember reading if a soldier was able to retrieve the Edelweiss flowers from the mountaintops; if I'm not mistaken, it meant he had a warrior's heart. 

Semper Fi

Manny

Lars that is outstanding!  The painting is just perfect.  You really captured the colors in the woodland camo and the rocks.  You know I am partial to small figure vignettes and I really like this one.  Great subject,  great looking figure and great execution. 

Dennis

Many thanks for your kind replies, I appreciate your feedback! My next modeling project will take place at our sister forum again.

@Kat: Yes, I only used my airbrush to apply the primer and black base color

• 1 month later...