Named WW2 Grouping

In 1944 a family living in Hinckley, Leicestershire in England befriended 2 young American Paratroopers who were based near to their home.

Many years ago I was shown this grouping and given 2 names for these young men. Since then the only 2 members from that family have passed away and in their effects their children found these items. Out of the blue they recently contacted me and asked if I would be interested in having them as they had no real interest in keeping them. Today I went over and collected them. Reverse of the bracelet is named.............bracelet jump wing is by S.S.Ltd, other two are J R Gaunt London. Coins carry dates from 1939 to 1943. As I remember it the kids were given these items just before the 2 men left for Normandy........

IMG_1203.JPG

Brian Dentino

Fantastic find!  Can you show some close up pics of the wings and oval?  Very, very cool pick up!

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!

Done a couple of scans, lights no good now , will try photos tomorrow

Safety pin is how it came on the bullion oval.........

jump wings375.jpg

jump wings rev377.jpg

jump wing bracelet376.jpg

That is an awesome group.

That oval is amazing.

If you have a name you should know which engineer unit it is.

donation2013.gif

32 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

That is an awesome group.

That oval is amazing.

If you have a name you should know which engineer unit it is.

The family gave me 2 names of the troopers they had befriended, Bob Sperling and Jimmy Clements, believe they had seen action in Sicily before coming to UK. i don't have my airborne info anymore, collection is long gone but think they were members of 376th Parachute Arty and 307th Airborne Engineeers although which one was in which unit I don't know.