Navigator Wing—Reproduction?

LEALTON

Hello, I was told this is a reproduction 2” navigator Pin. Any informed opinion would be appreciated.  Thank You. 

00794B1E-7AD3-422B-AF61-3CF8521F2D6A.jpeg

6304E96A-99E7-4C52-85D5-36C6BA5B71AA.jpeg

88856FC9-B2BF-4214-B864-A4FBCD7248D6.jpeg

225A11A5-62B2-45A3-BE45-CFFFCA014DC2.jpeg

5thwingmarty

I don't see anything glaring that this is a repro.  Might be slightly post WWII but that is impossible to say.

It is VERY uncommon to find a reproduction of a 2" wing. Usually, only theater made or high quality makers like Blackinton or Luxenberg would be worth a faker going to such trouble.

This wing appears to be 100% original.

Allan

Great looking little wing. I'd have no problems with a WW2 vintage dating.

Please DON'T perform an idiot test and deface/devalue it, especially when there's no red flags and there's a pretty obvious stamp STATING the basemetal material! I could not even begin to estimate the number of items I've seen vandalised by idiots who can't tell gold from brass or silver from zinc - or worse, don't realise they are "testing" the finish rather than the basemetal.

Regards

Mike

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

Great looking little wing. I'd have no problems with a WW2 vintage dating.

Please DON'T perform an idiot test and deface/devalue it, especially when there's no red flags and there's a pretty obvious stamp STATING the basemetal material! I could not even begin to estimate the number of items I've seen vandalised by idiots who can't tell gold from brass or silver from zinc - or worse, don't realise they are "testing" the finish rather than the basemetal.

Regards

Mike

A REAL collector would just run it under a good steel buffing wheel and some Brasso and make that underlying metal SHINE!  Thats what I always say!

Its fine.  Probably WWII/KW vintage.

46 minutes ago, pfrost said:

A REAL collector would just run it under a good steel buffing wheel and some Brasso and make that underlying metal SHINE!  Thats what I always say!

Its fine.  Probably WWII/KW vintage.

Hahahah

Looks like an authentic WW2 Meyer wing minus the Meyer hallmark.

Its got the right pin and the right sterling mark for a Meyer.