Thoughts Post WW2 5th AF ike

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Wondering what the forum's thoughts are on this Post Ww2 5th AF Ike. I think the 5th AF patch is a good, far East made example of what would become a great patch industry for years to come.   

Post WW2 ike 5th 1.jpg

Post WW2 ike 5th 2.jpg

Very late transitional uniform maybe? Good looking theater made patch! I have a patched up (both shoulders) blue Air Force Ike jackets that are for prior Army service. Might be the soldier could not get the new 'Blues" but could get the new rank patches.  All just my 2 cents worth!

If I am correct there were a number of early transitional periods with the air force uniforms, very early uniforms such as this can be found where they used the new ranks but had not yet adopted the blue uniform so they still wore the army green ikes. Then once the air force adopted their blue uniforms there was a period of time where they could still wear shoulder patches. There are some great threads on the subjects if you search for transitional air force uniforms. 

huntssurplus

These transitional Air Force Ikes are more common then one would think.I see them all the time. these usually date late 40's-50's. I don't see any problem with this ike.

Hunt

easterneagle87

I liked the patch right off of the bat and the way the uniform is set up. I didn't have any issues with it, just the price at $125.  

huntssurplus
1 hour ago, easterneagle87 said:

I liked the patch right off of the bat and the way the uniform is set up. I didn't have any issues with it, just the price at $125.  

Way overpriced. I wouldn't buy 5 of these for that price.

Agreed 125 is way too much. That is an awesome patch but I have picked up the green AF ikes for between .99 and $10 of ebay a couple times. I think most of the value would be in the patch so I would base what you are willing to pay off that.