C.C. Moseley wing on ebay

Costa

Communicate with the seller.

If you want something let them know.

Interesting that they managed to sell it twice though.

Thats screwy a major mistake and an invitation for an infraction.

2 hours ago, Ray42 said:

I had the same thing happen to me last month, one rare DI in a group of foreign medals from an overseas seller, then the last day I check on it and it had vanished. I didn't even get a notification it had been removed it was just gone. High bid on the lot was .99$.

And wow, that is robbery that it resold for that.

ebay will tell you it is the sellers item and can do what he wants with it. that was once i was told when getting screwed after i bid and won.

I beg to differ.

I know people who have had to pay a higher fee because they got caught doing  stuff like that.

5thwingmarty

I don't know if they are just not monitoring things or if they have turned off some of their automated monitoring.  A couple weeks ago I lost out on a book that I had bid on by like 6 cents.  I was the first and only bidder until the end when someone outbid me by 6 cents.  The ebay system is supposed to reject bids less than prescribed minimum bid increments.  Not as terrible as having a seller cancel a legitimate sale then turn right around and resell the item.

Here's a screenshot of whats still on my eBay page! I also received shipment notification with tracking number via email. I did file a comprehensive report with eBay in the hope that this seller might see some accountability for his actions. There are messages through the eBay system that eBay could, and are welcome to reference if they choose to. I received their canned response email and case #, along with the reminder that the buyer is not privy to any corrective actions taken. Thanks to all for the comments and sharing your eBay frustrations. If you picked this wing up you have my congratulations!

1820515434_Screenshot_2020-10-02MyeBaySummary.png.8612ba5433c50ee8dd63051c1b4379d0.png

huntssurplus

Similar thing just happened to me on eBay. Item had 30 minutes left but was suddenly cancelled, whe nI messaged the seller and asked why he said there were "shipping problems"... with 30 minutes left now you cancel the item??? I suspect he wasn't getting the bids he wanted but I guess he didn't know he can edit and send an invoice for shipping, why I alway wait a few hours to pay for an item so the seller can adjust shipping. Welp too bad. 

The old lady sat at the judges back door and bugged him everyday as he passed her until she got justice.

The only way that eBay will do anything is if everyone complains to them about it.

This isn’t the eBay of yesterday, they have a multitude of arrows in their quiver to adjust the attitude of sellers.

You might not see it happen but it does.

Nothing brings you in line or makes you quit more than a 5% increase in your fees