Old USMC recruitment poster? WW1?

Phantomf4

Got this yesterday, i think it may be a recruiting poster or something from the recruiter's office. Has a tag that states it was from a bank in Missouri. Any ideas?

004.JPG

Yes, WWI era and desirable. Artist is a well know illustrator, Joseph Leyendecker, who was a German born artist highly active in doing magazine covers of the era. To poster collectors he is known for doing a number of Marine and Navy recruitment posters during that era. 

Yeah, Morrison is on the opposite side of the state from me, near St. Louis. 

It’s a great find, very well done. It seems nicely framed, good job.

• 1 month later...

Mine is identical 18x 26,  The only ones of this type, or pictures in 2 of the 5 references on WW1 posters I have, I've seen have no inscription in the box. One of Leyendecker's classic posters 

IMG_1349.JPG.16965c8767c0acc3f2d81b02687785db.JPG

There is a similar larger poster that does have U.S.Marines on it with the imagery above in the middle surrounded by USMC scenes

3576.jpg.29fd44b49987a49578b095bc7f5c330f.jpg

Very nice, thanks for posting another one. Glad there's more out there like this, i was kind of worried that i couldn't find an exact match.

5 minutes ago, Usa1918 said:

There is a similar larger poster that does have U.S.Marines on it with the imagery above in the middle surrounded by USMC scenes

3576.jpg.29fd44b49987a49578b095bc7f5c330f.jpg

Thats the one i found, i thought mine could have been cut down from one of those but the inscriptions weren't the same so i was on the fence.

No we have the smaller original version, While the larger one is about +/- 30"x40" ('d have to drag mine out again to measure exactly

Keith

And it should have read:

There is a similar larger poster that does have U.S. Marines on it with the above shown  imagery above imagery , moved to in the middle surrounded by USMC scenes