Need opinion on wings for website

I have never seen a similar Aussie(and I do have a lot of Aussie wings) made wing to this. It could very well be a India made wing and I would have to say I like it. It has the extra amount of handwork that is common with CBI items because, to be frank, labor was cheap there.

Gary

Hi Everyone. I'm new to posting here although I have been following the discussions for some time. A great place for education!! I've been collecting for 10 years and have been burned a few times, mostly at shows and by "reputable" dealers. Live and learn. I have emailed Patrick off and on for several years and appreciate his help and willingness to share his knowledge on the subject.

As for wing #7, I have one EXACTLY like it that I obtained from an estate sale of a CBI pilot. I got his crusher as well. I tend to agree with Patrick that it is OK since I am certain that this sale had no adulterated material in it. Is it possible that the wing was made in Austrailia or India?

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

"YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH RED WINE, TOO MANY BOOKS, OR TOO MUCH AMMUNITION."

Rudyard Kipling

I have never seen a similar Aussie(and I do have a lot of Aussie wings) made wing to this. It could very well be a India made wing and I would have to say I like it. It has the extra amount of handwork that is common with CBI items because, to be frank, labor was cheap there.

Gary

Here is a picture of the front of my wing. The back is identical to the wing pictured on Patrick's site.

post-4502-1233121281.jpg

Private Elisha Leake, Company G, 73rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 11th Army Corps, KIA, Gettysburg, Pa., 2 July 1863 Great Great Uncle

Sgt. Isaac Willis, Company G, 73rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 11th Army Corps, KIA, Gettysburg, Pa., 2 July 1863 Great Great Uncle

You Are Not Forgotten

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Here is a picture of the front of my wing. The back is identical to the wing pictured on Patrick's site.

post-4502-1233121281.jpg

And here is the back:

post-4502-1233121894.jpg

Private Elisha Leake, Company G, 73rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 11th Army Corps, KIA, Gettysburg, Pa., 2 July 1863 Great Great Uncle

Sgt. Isaac Willis, Company G, 73rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 11th Army Corps, KIA, Gettysburg, Pa., 2 July 1863 Great Great Uncle

You Are Not Forgotten

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif