A-7E Corsair ejection seat

When I saw that other set sell, I figured it must be you!    Id been watching it for a long time, was considering replacing the rougher shape ones in my OV-10 RSSK kit.  Those raft covers aren't seen too much or or often tossed aside if you don't know what the heck it is.  The original bag that came in my kit is crazy stained from a dye marker or something, but it looks terrible. It was marked RSSK or HSSP like both the bags above. I found another bag that is just marked Equipment, same bag though that I replaced it with.  My raft cover has some stains on it as well, I think my whole kit sat in a display aircraft that got very toasty in the desert or something.  The seat pad has sun faded spots from the lap belt.

Note on the URT, if you get one of those ejection seat cable switches for you, you might need to mod the spot where that plug and lanyard is attached.  The NAVAIR manual mentions a mod you have to do with a little tool I think that is made locally to pull out a threaded sleeve or something.  Check it out if you have one of the manuals on survival kits.  If you need a manual, I might have a epub I can send.  I guess when originally shipped from the factory, even the Navy URT-33As came with the plastic plug and long lanyard that used to clip to parachute risers for activation.  The C/M you got has some other plug and short lanyard I haven't seen before.   Might be for rigging in the ACES II seat kits.   Did you just pick that up from a guy in TX that had a bunch of survival radio stuff for sale?  I snagged a nam era radio for a really good price, no idea why no one else bid.

Yes, the URT-33/C was purchased from a guy in Texas. It only went for $15 and I saw he had a bunch of survival radio equipment for auction. 

The URT-33/C had 560 TFS scratched into the side of the beacon. I think it possibly came out of a T-38 jet. 

Yes that was me again!! I felt lucky to get the equipment bag and the raft cover. The raft cover is in great shape and the equipment bag is a little more used but still very nice. 

Chris

If that is the unit and from a T-38, it was installed in the BA-22 auto type back chute.  Pretty cool, I always like getting things that are unit or acft SN marked where you can track its history a little.

I got a URC-64 Air Force survival radio from that guy for cheap.  It was just an impulse, someone else will def outbid me bid, but nope.  Doesnt have the battery, but still.

Yes I was surprised at how cheap I got this beacon. The dealer still has some items on eBay. I will have to check on his auctions now and then. 

The beacon was marked “560 FTS” not “TFS”. The squadron is at Randolph AFB in Texas flying the T-38. 

Still on the hunt for an Inertia Reel and a female Koch fitting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Found an old inflation bottle for the one man raft. The bottle is in rough condition and should be fun to refurbish. Still in the mail. 

Chris

The 1st one is an old para raft bottle, 2d one is correct for the LR-1 raft.  Needs the activation cable, your dropline might have it intact.

• 4 months later...
hink441

Finally got another Koch fitting and the inertia reel installed.

The seat is now looking somewhat complete. I need a lower O2 seat block and the two straps that connect the parachute to the seat kit. Both items are now on order. 

Would like to get new upper and lower handles replaced. 

E2585636-CB32-4031-975E-D4836575AC78.jpeg

7D2113CD-FBBD-46D3-8EDC-F36F934EF26A.jpeg

9F04C971-EA9B-4A04-8440-F16225EA7912.jpeg