Can anyone help ID this Patch

Armygrandaughter

Armygrandaughter

I know it is NOT the best picture...but I tried. Can anybody Id this patch? I know the bottom was his rank.  I believe this was WWII. I don't know the unit my grandfather was in but he was a Chief Wireman (I think that is the correct title). But I was hoping the top patch (if anyone knows) would help me figure out his unit or division? Anyways...all suggestions/help is appreciated. 

IMG_2733.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Yes perhaps 1st Army as powerhouse says .Too bad you don't know what unit he was in in the war, he was in the Signal Corps, so if you know that will nail it maybe.

1st Army's WWII era shoulder patch

njiUSP-1.jpg

The first pic you posted shows a M/Sgt rank.  If that was your Grandfather in that picture wouldn't he have been in the 1202d Area Service Unit, Recruiting Detachment #8?  And if that's the case, that patch above the rank would most certainly be a 1st Army patch.  All that according the his appointment to Master Sergeant document you have wherein he was appointed Master Sergeant with a date of 16 Apr 44.

Also, I don't know if you have this info yet.  I see you already have a lot of his information but I didn't see this.

s5.jpg

s5a.jpg

s5b.jpg

Armygrandaughter

I do not have this clipping..but did know of the info. So I guess my question is the 1202d unit he went overseas with also? Or ...?? I don't know..this is so confusing...so I also have a certificate that says "B"  company 1907 Service Command Unit. And that was issued after the war. 

1 hour ago, Armygrandaughter said:

I do not have this clipping..but did know of the info. So I guess my question is the 1202d unit he went overseas with also? Or ...?? I don't know..this is so confusing...so I also have a certificate that says "B"  company 1907 Service Command Unit. And that was issued after the war. 

In regards to your question of whether the 1202d unit went overseas, I don't know.

After the war he was he may've been assigned to the War Department Personnel Center of the 1907th Service Command Unit, Fort Lewis, Washington and may've been tasked with processing men for discharge from the service.

And here's said photo in full member asked me to post.

This might of taken in Normandy France right after D-Day, see the the two men in the helmets with the ARC on it, he may be  more likely now an army amphibious soldiers of the Special Engineers, member did state to me she has an Amphibious Engineer's patch, that she says he had, so the game is afoot.

image.png.48a6fb409c9098070ac29625ed6af7f6.png

Just now, patches said:

And here's said photo in full member asked me to post.

This might of taken in Normandy France right after D-Day, see the the two men in the helmets with the ARC on it, he may be  more likely now an army amphibious soldiers of the Special Engineers, member did state to me she has an Amphibious Engineer's patch, that she says he had, so the game is afoot.

image.png.48a6fb409c9098070ac29625ed6af7f6.png

Just to be clear, this will be the patch you have from him correct?

patc.jpg