Blasting Machine Question

tom63

I have what I think is a standard Type 6901 WW2 Blasting Machine.  I've looked at dozens of Type 6901 photos on the internet but none of them have a handle like this one. The data plate is missing so not sure what the vintage of this machine is. Post WW2 maybe? Replacement handle?

Blaster.JPG.a165e49120ce5d066cb09237df074918.JPGBlaster-001.JPG.f732d0ef3e69a507ac31f003d54e2823.JPG

Those blasting machines were also used in tanks as a back up firing mechanism. There were wire leads with a plug on them in that configuration attached to the posts and encapsulated in a rubber material.  If you cut away the rubber material and unscrewed the wires from the posts, you had a standard blasting machine.   I think some had a different handle than the standard machine. The ones in tanks were usually had the casing painted white, but at someone could have repainted it. Could this be one of them?

15 hours ago, RWW said:

Those blasting machines were also used in tanks as a back up firing mechanism. There were wire leads with a plug on them in that configuration attached to the posts and encapsulated in a rubber material.  If you cut away the rubber material and unscrewed the wires from the posts, you had a standard blasting machine.   I think some had a different handle than the standard machine. The ones in tanks were usually had the casing painted white, but at someone could have repainted it. Could this be one of them?

RWW, There is a white blasting machine on Ebay : White Blasting Machine.  Looks like what you are describing above.

blasting machine.jpg

Note the three leads on the Firing Mechanism; a positive, a negative, and a ground.  I don't think this is a firing mechanism.  It may be a pre-WW2 blasting machine; note the rim of the cap over the case has an uneven appearance.  That's different than the standard WW2 blasting machine.  

The white machine is what I was describing!  If you cut away the material covering the terminals, there are 2 wires under one of the terminals and a single wire under the other.  No matter what the origin of the handle, those old twist machines are fun to use!

To make it clear, I was saying that I don't believe the OP posted a picture of a firing mechanism for a tank.  I was thinking that it might be pre-WW2 blasting machine but I don't have any pictures to go on, just a guess.