M1 Helmet With Ink Stamp Question

1srelluc

I found this swivel bail rear seam helmet at the flea market this morning. It had a very ill-fitting 1976 CMP liner in it. 

I looked for a heat stamp but all I found was a ink-stamped -38- inside. I guess the helmet had been refurbed given the pea green on the inside and dark green on the outside. 

Euro helmet?

hh 005 (2).JPG

hh 006 (2).JPG

I had one a long time ago with an identically marked ink stamp. I think mine was 55. I believe I had eventually found a number code near the crown 

3 hours ago, shadawg said:

I had one a long time ago with an identically marked ink stamp. I think mine was 55. I believe I had eventually found a number code near the crown 

I looked but did not see anything.

I don't think it's a Euro-clone, just a well used late production US M1. Not seeing an obvious heat stamp isn't uncommon on original shells, not sure the meaning of the ink stamp either. 

20 hours ago, MattS said:

I don't think it's a Euro-clone, just a well used late production US M1. Not seeing an obvious heat stamp isn't uncommon on original shells, not sure the meaning of the ink stamp either. 

Success!

I found the heat stamp (7374) about 3" down and to the right of the rear seam. No letter prefix or suffix. Large letter. Canadian-made maybe?

7 002 (2).JPG