WW2 Dog Tag w/ Female Name? Unknown?

johnny12550

I have this Dog Tag Named to Irene Danis.  It has a date of 1942 on it, but I don’t recognize the format of the imprinted information. It doesn’t follow the standard seen on WWII tags. Can anyone identify what service or organization this tag represents? Thanks

482633BF-E3FE-41B1-B5F0-E9B23D93C7B2.jpeg

E0FBC12E-92F8-468C-BAC8-3582F9E31ADA.jpeg

Wow, I didn’t  know that Dependent dog tags existed! Were they for family members living OS during the war?  Or did they continue to use these after WWII? 

Thanks for all the input. I found this on the net. Looks like it was a Civil Defense issue item:

People who grew up in the 1950s agree that the world is a very different place now. Back then, children walked to school with their friends, no worry about having a parent chaperone them. A trip to the corner store for candy or comic books was also a casual affair. But, because of the threat of nuclear war, young students wore dog tags issued by their school. Referred to as “metal identification tags” these civil defense dog tags were issued to students in school districts across the United States, including New York City, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Seattle, and Philadelphia. New York City’s public school system was the first to issue the “identification tags” in February 1952, spending $159,000 to provide them to 2.5 million students. They were instructed to wear them at all times as if they were soldiers in a daily battle against the Soviet Union. Educators also considered other ways to identify the children, including tattoos, identification cards, and fingerprinting all the children. At the time, fingerprinting was considered a terrible infringement of privacy, and worries about destroyed ID cards and illegible tattoos from burnt skin meant the metal tags were the best choice.