B8 Goggles Heated Lens Repro Power cord for display.

The Rooster

3 minutes ago, The Rooster said:

Great pics of the actual connector . Thank you !

That crimp can be replicated with some thick aluminum.

Your welcome!!!

Those crimps can be made with the correct crimping tool, Just a thought,

I'll check some of our older tools that  we were looking at getting rid of.

I will check Sunday when I go in and let ya know.

Semper Fi

Phil

The ratcheting are the type I'm talking about. I'll know better Sunday when I can take a look at the junk box we have.

I was told "first come first serve", Or they are being thrown out. These are the older one's and not our new stuff.

Semper Fi

Phil

If you end up with some extras, I’d be in for a pair if they aren’t coax. Hopefully not imposing. I do have access to a couple when needed but wouldn’t mind my own pair!

What kind of work do you do, Phil?

Dave

Dave,

I'm an Electronics Tech, Currently the Radar Chief.

I was a Communication, Navigations, IFF,ECM Avionics tech in the Marine Corps. Now civilian,  I work for Air Traffic Control Maintenance. 

So Communications, Navigations and Precision Approach and Airport Surveillance Radars are my Specialty. 

I still do components level troubleshooting and repairs on the older PAR. The newer stuff is computer based equipment. 

I'll see what we are getting rid of. Gottcha on the Not Coax!! 

Semper Fi

Phil 

Here are the side view photo's my friend provided.

It is clear that the terminal is put in between the Top and Bottom part of the snap when made..

It also show the correct orientation of the eyelet terminal when finished.

2076778744_B-8heatedgogglelensconnectorsideview1.jpg.16edf61eb4ddc4a92b5d55ef4b410ffb.jpg1954344900_B-8heatedgooglelensconnectorside1.jpg.eaf6a2238406265855577395e842e5c0.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil  

Pretty cool sounding job. Pretty important too. My wife and I both fly but I wouldn't put precision in anything I do! We do have a blast though!

I kinda have a tool problem so...

Thanks for all the detailed cord photos!

Dave

Dave,

It is and very satisfying.

Once the Rona is under control, If you ever decide to fly into Yuma, Let me know.

I'll give you the grand tour of the Base and airfield.

The Tower is the tallest building in city and you get a 360 degree view of the city and surrounding mountains and land marks.

Semper Fi

Phil

That’d be fun. We generally avoid Bravo and Charlie since last Jan as I never installed ADSB and really don’t want to go that direction. I think things will change a lot once the drone traffic picks up. An FAA friend moved to DC to work on some of that drone airway stuff. He confirmed my concerns were on the money. Gonna change GA a lot. I’ll always fly but I’ll just have to be a second class pilot. Better than the alternative!

Dave

16 hours ago, AZPhil said:

Here are the side view photo's my friend provided.

It is clear that the terminal is put in between the Top and Bottom part of the snap when made..

It also show the correct orientation of the eyelet terminal when finished.

2076778744_B-8heatedgogglelensconnectorsideview1.jpg.16edf61eb4ddc4a92b5d55ef4b410ffb.jpg1954344900_B-8heatedgooglelensconnectorside1.jpg.eaf6a2238406265855577395e842e5c0.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil  

Great shots Phil !!! Thank you.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for your help on this. I made up the cord but was at a dead end as far as

coming up with a snap connector to connect the wire to the back of the goggles.

Many brains working on this have come up with viable answers and I really appreciate it.

P59A- when you finish off the cord I sent you, be sure to post the final results!

It will be a while before I make up another cord.

Thank you all.

Dave