WWI DSC, Italian War Cross, CdG recipient and Mexican Border recipient help

Javelin4life

Hello,

I recently obtained a miniature medal bar that was worn by a recipient who saw service at the Mexican Border, in addition to earning the Croix de Guerre, Italian War Cross and DSC during WWI (presumably for the DSC).  Although the bar itself speaks an incredible story, the possibility of identifying the recipient would only augment that story. Is there any way to locate a list of American recipients of the Italian War Cross?  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

DSC BAR.jpg

Great score Alex! My guess would be that he was in the 332nd Regiment due to the Italian award. I’m interested in what you find out about this set.

-Jimmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service in Italy is not necessarily a clue, especially since the group includes a French CdG. Italian War Merit Crosses were awarded to a number of soldiers who served in France/Flanders but as far as I know there is no list of recipients. Any idea where this group came from geographically? The reason I ask is the MBSM suggests a NG unit. Also, my guess is the recipient was an officer.

19 minutes ago, 3mxd said:

Service in Italy is not necessarily a clue, especially since the group includes a French CdG. Italian War Merit Crosses were awarded to a number of soldiers who served in France/Flanders but as far as I know there is no list of recipients. Any idea where this group came from geographically? The reason I ask is the MBSM suggests a NG unit. Also, my guess is the recipient was an officer.

It came out of Texas