WWII 3rd marine division grouping USS Arizona

Mikekennedy38

I don’t think these are named to the Major Gray on the Arizona. The first initial on the uniform looks like an L to me not a J, and the obvious point here is that these uniforms are not officers but enlisted men, WWII. Nice set though. Kevin

40 minutes ago, warguy said:

I don’t think these are named to the Major Gray on the Arizona. The first initial on the uniform looks like an L to me not a J, and the obvious point here is that these uniforms are not officers but enlisted men, WWII. Nice set though. Kevin

100% agree, unless he got busted from officer to enlisted, and operated under a pseudonym out of shame.

(joking by the way)

Nice Blue's and Green's, I would have to agree that these are not the same person. I have a set of blue's that belonged to a Pfc. that became a 2nd Lt. (Mustang) and retired a Lt. Colonel going the other way..lol

Robin-

Those uniforms belonged to Louis A. Gray.  He served with the 21st Marines, 3rd Marine Division for pretty much the duration of the war.

5 hours ago, Bruce Linz said:

Those uniforms belonged to Louis A. Gray.  He served with the 21st Marines, 3rd Marine Division for pretty much the duration of the war.

Way to ruin the story with facts Bruce.  😄 I always appreciate your sharing info on Leathernecks. It makes these posts more interesting.

Allan

Thank you everyone for the replies! Was anyone able to find his service records? Haven’t had much luck on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...