Looking for confirmation. Desert Air Force patches.

KH Washbrook

That is a clean gorgeous example, thank you.

While the condition isn’t as nice, here is my Italian-made example.

I don’t see a lot of the DAF insignia.

12762D8F-5343-42C8-9833-B6A36984A211.jpeg

10B9ABE6-EAD6-4C56-80CD-5D36ACD656E7.jpeg

Like and appreciate both examples.

The tight, clean, DAF patch in the original post and the been there, done that, theater made, classic posted as follow up are both nice specimens.

Thanks to both posters.

Thanks all for the comments on my DAF Patch. I acquired it back in the mid-1960s when I first showed signs of a "collecting bug." It has been in a box pretty much since then while I was posted around the world, hence the good condition.

What is missed here is that this is a fully embroidered version which is not the most common seen  version of the patch which is the felt version where the botton section is felt with the DAF. Sells for double or more of the common felt version.

The US-made version of this patch is a mid 1940's "Patch King" made primarily for the collector market.  But, being period manufactured, they are technically "real" and often times were worn on uniforms. To expand on what Mort said above, "Patch King"  (and Hobby Guild, etc etc) had two versions of the DAF.  The vast majority were the embroidered on felt type.  The fully embroidered style is much tougher to find.