DD1D5107-BFE7-4257-9FE4-340892B58BF5.jpeg

Incredible image Rob!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Marktk36thIL
2 hours ago, gravecreek said:

Double-Armed Reb

PICT0169.JPG

Any idea as to the ID. It appears he might be wearing a Federal "State Jacket," very popular early on in the War among soldiers from New York, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa.

I was wondering the same thing. Those early upper midwest uniforms can make it tough in some cases. Great image anyway!

Rob M

Salvage Sailor

Upper Midwest you say?

Company G, 12th Kentucky Infantry

3rd Gr. Grandfather, Sergeant James B. Rogers and his twin sons Pvt. George W. Rogers and Pvt. Francis M. Rogers shown below in 1862. They served together in Company G of the 12th Kentucky Infantry. Family stories handed down state that the twins were captured as were their Confederate Tennessee cousins, another set of family twins. All survived their captivity.  Service history posted here on USMF

Sgt James B. Rogers w. twin sons George and Francis.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
USCapturephotos
15 hours ago, ramram said:

Big ole Savage revolver tucked in his belt…with a lanyard tied around his neck to it. 

E3568D64-899A-4F69-BD4E-24122653DE2B.jpeg

Really like this 1/8th plate. What an iconic Union cavalryman!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
wartimecollectables.com
On 12/5/2020 at 11:51 AM, BILL THE PATCH said:

Actually it was very common to photograph the dead back in the day. Families would have whole books with photos of dead relatives. Called the book of the dead. But i never saw a dead civil war soldier laid out before. Kinda of creppy

Yes, the idea of a post mortem photo is an idea from a different time but no, I've never seen a subject laid out like this. Lotta creepy!

9 hours ago, wartimecollectables.com said:

I think Rob Morgan has one for $3500 or for trade for a comparable CS image, last I knew. I think there's like a dozen, or a few as four, known.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:00 PM, gravecreek said:

Double-Armed Reb

PICT0169.JPG

On 6/18/2021 at 8:55 PM, Marktk36thIL said:

Any idea as to the ID. It appears he might be wearing a Federal "State Jacket," very popular early on in the War among soldiers from New York, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa.

On 6/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, ramram said:

I was wondering the same thing. Those early upper midwest uniforms can make it tough in some cases. Great image anyway!

Rob M

Update on this image. He has Eagle buttons on his jacket. Not uncommon for Confederates. I sold this image an 2 others Confederates at Gettysburg this past weekend to a very well known Gettysburg dealer. They all agreed he was definitely Rebel. 

14 minutes ago, gravecreek said:

Update on this image. He has Eagle buttons on his jacket. Not uncommon for Confederates. I sold this image an 2 others Confederates at Gettysburg this past weekend to a very well known Gettysburg dealer. They all agreed he was definitely Rebel. 

Outstanding!  Those tweeners can be soooo tough to figure out sometimes. Glad to hear it was a true Reb. 

Rob M

• 1 month later...