A question on USAF cloth collar insignia

Capt.Confederacy

Capt.Confederacy

I've come across at surplus stores some uncut cloth USAF rank insignia that I was curious as to the time period of use. The owners of the stores don't know so I've been trying to find out on my own. These are non-subdued insignia on a grayish cloth that reminds me of nylon so I assume that they'd be used on a flight suit.

Does anyone know if these are currently in use or if these were discontinued years ago?

Can you put up a photo? Or, give some more info such as how many stripes, the difference in color between the stripes and the background, etc?

Capt.Confederacy
Can you put up a photo? Or, give some more info such as how many stripes, the difference in color between the stripes and the background, etc?

Unfortunately, the new digital camera my wife wanted takes horrible up-close pictures.

The ones I saw (the collar ranks of Colonel and Major) are embroidered on a grayish almost nylon kind of cloth. The colonel is embroidered in white and the major is embroidered in yellow. At first, I thought they were Army issue from about the late 1950's to late 1960's because they were non-subdued and they looked just like the Army ones except they were on that grayish cloth. However, I found out from another collector that those were USAF insignias, but he didn't know what the time period was.

I have a set of major's somewhere.. Came from the guy who used to live on the corner. He flew F-4's in Vietnam.. They were for the K-2B flight suit, but I've seen them on other flight gear and utilities. Mostly mid 60's to mid 70's stuff

Fins.

If they are what they sound like they are not worn on the collar but on the shoulder of the sage green flight suits and jackets. They go back as far as the flight suits and I think they are still used to some extent.