Audley Colt M1911 Holster

GOAmules

Backtheattack

Great information! Never noticed the cavalry version of the Audley Holster. Thank`s for all the information, including the 1903, too.

• 4 months later...

Hello, this is my first post on this forum.  Day late and a dollar short but I hope you like the photo.  This is Chesty Puller USMC and Gunnery Sergeant William A Lee in Nicaragua circa 1928 - 1932.  Very famous photo of them.  Note Puller is wearing an Audley holster.  They liked them because they could draw them fasters.  Told to me by then Col USMC retired "Bill" Lee.

Lewis_Puller_with_Nicaraguan_National_Guard_Detachment,_circa_1931_(14459116184) (2).jpg

They called General Sandino and his followers "Bandits".  This is a pair of shoes from a dead bandit / guerilla leader.  Will try and go back to find that in writing somewhere.  Lee told me but that was back in 1989 timeframe.  There is a good link where I have been searching period photos.  http://www.sandinorebellion.com/photopgs/1usna2/pgs/pg1.html

USNA is the US National Archives and start with looking at them.  I have found several  great photos of both the Marines and Nicaraguans alike wearing Audley holsters.

Charlie Flick
51 minutes ago, collector said:

Another thread that should be in the reference section.

We'll probably move this one to the Reference section as mentioned by Collector.  Lots of good info here.  I especially value the image of Chesty Puller in Nicaragua posted by Sandman.  Great stuff.

Charlie