Need help with ID

Bill Scott

Need help with these two I can not find them in the books.Thanks for your time and thoughts.Scotty

DSCN0638.JPG

DSCN0639.JPG

Bottom patch has never been identified to my knowledge.  Top patch central design is a bomb squadron or group Pacific Theater, the number escapes me at the moment.  The additional border designations are Un-related and were to show design capabilities of this tailor.  This banner appeared on the cover of Trading Post and there may be more info in that article.

Top design is from the 89th Bomb Sq. It was assigned to the 38th Bomb Group at Itazuke and Itami, Japan, between 46-49. Your patch is possibly for the 38 AES troops dedicated to servicing the the 89th BMS A-26 Invader aircraft. Or, as Irish stated, maybe just put together. There would have to be some relation with the 58th ASG. Here's the 89th I had at one time, made at the same place from the looks of it.

89bms.jpg

Thanks Randy, just got the 89th BS.  I was never able to put these service units together With the unit but it sounds like you may have a possibility there.  Is there an Id on the bottom patch.

I bought one of the patch drapes that Bob bought and those two and 11 others are on it.I will get a photo shot tomorrow and show you which one.Thanks for your help as always,Scotty

Bill,

89th Bomb Squadron, WWII issue here.

spacer.png

EMBLEM. On a disc per fess debased light turquoise blue and light yellow green, border red, a conventionalized black falcon with three-bladed propeller with red tips, emerging from large white cloud formation in sinister chief, dropping a parafrag bomb golden orange suspended in air by small white parachute, all emitting white speed lines to rear; four trees, two to dexter, two to sinister, of the second. (Approved 4 Oct 1943.)