American Knife

Hombre

Is it possible to say anything at all about this knife because of the very bad pictures...

It shall be American but no markings and no sheath...

Should really appreciate any opinions at all...

image000000 (1).jpg

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

I understand that with these very bad pictures it is impossible to say anything at all about this blade...

Anyway I want to say thank you to all of you who have ben looking...

Best,

Hombre

Sweden

The knife does remind me of several that WW2 veterans brought back from England.  Most of those were maker marked, but I don't believe that it being unmarked rules it out as having come from there or at least being the style copied by another knife maker.  I've got a few knives that all I can really say about them is that they are curiosities.

It's a great looking knife and I'd keep one like it in my own collection.

Thanks for sharing this.

I agree with sactroop. Had a friend who owned one of these as a kid, it was marked with an English maker.  He said his uncle carried it in WW2.  SKIP

Hombre, you're very welcome.  I waited as long as I did because I didn't have anything more informative than what I finally said.  Besides my Grandparents would have reminded me that we Swedes have to look out for each other. 😄

I'm in sactroop's corner; it looked English but I didn't have much else to go on.  Sometimes these are called "D-Day Knives" because the troops in England bought quite a few of them.  I have one made by Taylor (Eyewitness Brand), and another maker is Southern & Richardson; but they all tend to be marked on the blade.