Mexican Border Medal #15911

Hello all Forum friends,

Well, as bad and horrible as this pandemic currently is, I have been able to acquire some very nice older campaign medals for my collection.  But truth be told, I would and will much rather go back to pre Covid times even at the expense of all my new acquisitions.  Soon I hope and pray. 
      But I did pick up a nice Mexican Border Medal off eBay last week and have posted pics of it. Numbered #15911. And hope some of our fine fellow Forum friends can help put a name and/or regiment to the recipient. It came from a eBayer in Pennsylvania, but of course that is or NOT where the soldier had hailed from. 
     Thank you all for looking at my post and for any help that may be forthcoming. Stay safe and healthy all fellow collectors, Gettysburg show this weekend if it’s still a go. 🙏🏼

Tom 

F3598152-A5F3-4398-BEB9-9B659B146527.jpeg

BD76EF0E-9E91-42C6-9021-D5CA826CECED.jpeg

56A790A5-D39E-45C6-96B9-F37C4244F4F5.jpeg

WANTED: Any and all Civil War items relating to the regiments mustered out of Syracuse, NY during the War of the Rebellion, 122nd NY Infantry, 149th NY Infantry and 185th NY INfantry. Anything relating to Colonel/Brig. General Henry A. Barnum.

Also wanted WW1 medals from Solvay, NY and Fayetteville, NY. All e-mails answered.

Member of American Civil War Research Database.

Mexican Border Service Medal 15911 was issued to 2nd Lieutenant G. A. Livingston from Detroit Michigan.

An officer's medal, nice find.

Source: Mexican Border Service Medal Issue Records compiled and edited by JoAnn Williams and Robert H. Reynolds.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Cool! Here is a troop transport record with a George A. Livingston that I bet is yours . . .

image.png

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/170370282/george-a-livingston

Here's an obit, Lansing State Journal, 15 June 1960:

Lansing_State_Journal_Wed__Jun_15__1960_.jpg

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

A big THANK YOU VERY MUCH  to two great Forum friends here for their help and expertise, collectsmedals, and moderator stratasfan. 👍🏼👏🏼
Tom 

WANTED: Any and all Civil War items relating to the regiments mustered out of Syracuse, NY during the War of the Rebellion, 122nd NY Infantry, 149th NY Infantry and 185th NY INfantry. Anything relating to Colonel/Brig. General Henry A. Barnum.

Also wanted WW1 medals from Solvay, NY and Fayetteville, NY. All e-mails answered.

Member of American Civil War Research Database.

You're welcome! It is always fun to be able to add more to a name for an item!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.