KW/ cold war burlap here today

Costa

the other day i posted a burlap covered lid and was waiting for it to arrive. now it is here. it is a rear seam swivel bail with od7 chin straps. at first i thought it was fixed bail for 1 bail was facing up-- didnt see the mount. now i can go korean war or cold war at this point. the liner has whats left of it a decal and one on the front which resembles a rounded top v shaped configuration that a soldier would wear on his uniform in the 50's or 60's. webbing is od7 with green painted A washers and black painted brass clips to the sweat band, capac 51-52 embossed at the dome. im leaning to a cold war helmet from the 50's or 60's. i have had 3 of these in all the years collecting. not a plentiful item to find.

anybody guess what decals are on the liner?

100_4924.JPG

100_4925.JPG

100_4923.JPG

100_4922.JPG

While I can't help at all with the decals . . . anyway you have some photos showing the burlap cover? I am wanting to make a burlap cover for my helmet, but am trying to research how they look and what shape I need to cut the burlap!

5 hours ago, stratasfan said:

While I can't help at all with the decals . . . anyway you have some photos showing the burlap cover? I am wanting to make a burlap cover for my helmet, but am trying to research how they look and what shape I need to cut the burlap!

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28629-korean-war-soldier-with-burlap-cover-on-helmet/

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/131790-my-attempt-at-a-korean-war-burlap-covered-helmet/

3 hours ago, Costa said:

which leads me to believe it is a cold war lid.

With a burlap cover would be a late 50s, very early 60s one before the leaf pattern cover, or could very well be a National Guard or a Reserves worn one, seeing these latter organizations except in very very rare examples (like we recently found, the 40th Armored Division in California) did not have the leaf pattern covers till at least 1970-71.

Here's a Regular Army GI at Ft Benning Infantry school circa 1958

t26060.jpg