You can still find Historic items on EBay!!!

Found on EBay. Couldn’t believe this wasn’t already in someone’s collection. Named  to, at that time, Commander Samuel Nobre Moore when he was leading Destroyer Division 21, where he organized the Neutrality Patrols for the New England area after was broke out in Europe. He later was promoted to Captain and was killed in action when he went down with his ship, the USS Quincy,  at the Battle of Savo Island In August of 1942. A well known battle where we took some heavy losses . 

BE4EF4D7-A2AF-4E86-B8F8-9E364C8C030D.jpeg

5DBB0232-E9E6-425D-94E7-6DCE8F7B8819.jpeg

E0663C82-0BB6-479F-9038-9183A93D0027.jpeg

19B1A99F-0C83-4AA4-8E20-29B81959490E.jpeg

Yessir, that's really nice and there are some gems still out there just like this one.  Just got to keep looking.  Thanks for posting.

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Everything on eBay is overpriced garbage. Everyone stay away!

(That's so I can buy it all myself...) :D

Some of the best pieces in my collection...heck...the vast majority of the best pieces in my collection of come from eBay.

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Great find my friend. Yesssss, still eBay gems out there, just need to be patient. Congrats. And stay safe🙏🏼

WANTED: Any and all Civil War items relating to the regiments mustered out of Syracuse, NY during the War of the Rebellion, 122nd NY Infantry, 149th NY Infantry and 185th NY INfantry. Anything relating to Colonel/Brig. General Henry A. Barnum.

Also wanted WW1 medals from Solvay, NY and Fayetteville, NY. All e-mails answered.

Member of American Civil War Research Database.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a really lovely find.

I agree with the rest, there are still great things to be found in eBay. i've had a lot of luck in the past with generic searches. By this I mean searching key words that a seller who knows little about militaria might use in their descriptions. I've turned up some really nice pieces that way.

Written contributor to French Militaria Magazine, UK World War II Re-enactors Magazine &The Karkee Web Research Team.

Remembering the service of:
9095 Pte Alfred Fredrick NEWLAND, 7th Field Ambulance, 2 Division, AIF. WIA 16/11/16 France.
436 Private Albert McCANN, B Company 8th Battalion AIF. Enlisted 26/8/14. Killed in Action 17/6/15 Gallipoli.
VX24056 Gunner George Edward McCANN, 2/3 Composite Anti Aircraft Regiment. Enlisted 7/6/40. Discharged 3/8/44. Served in Australia and New Guinea.

donation2016.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gif

On 9/18/2020 at 9:43 AM, Dave said:

Everything on eBay is overpriced garbage. Everyone stay away!

(That's so I can buy it all myself...) :D

Some of the best pieces in my collection...heck...the vast majority of the best pieces in my collection of come from eBay.

Same here.

I'd say 95% of mine came from ebay. Some of the items are really unique.

Just takes time to look.