LT Colonel John Watson's Colt Commando Revolver Bringback!

WWIIBuff1945

I recently acquired this bring back by LT Colonel John Watson. He was a West Point grad of 1942. Served in the Cavalry in WWII. During the Korean War he served in the 3rd Infantry Division. He was part of General Marshalls staff and was sent to China in 1946. The man had an interesting military career. I wonder if this Colt was his personal side arm since WWII. All of the information is from Matt (AZNATION)! 

cc1.png

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

LT5.jpg

LT13.jpg

LT14.jpg

LT15.jpg

LT16.jpg

img472.jpg

LT11.jpg

LT6.jpg

Very nice! That is the second or third tag like that I have seen, I think all were for pistols brought back home from Europe. 

If you have not done so, it might be worth trying to get a full copy of his service record and see if there are any notes or records in them, noting the purchase of that pistol. Who knows! 

6 hours ago, MWalsh said:

Very nice! That is the second or third tag like that I have seen, I think all were for pistols brought back home from Europe. 

If you have not done so, it might be worth trying to get a full copy of his service record and see if there are any notes or records in them, noting the purchase of that pistol. Who knows! 

Thanks yes I'm planning on trying to get his service records.

I think they were still using similar type forms when I was stationed in Stuttgart during the 90’s.  I still have similar forms from Fort Devens and I believe Carlisle barracks somewhere.  If you brought personal firearms on post to your quarters they had to be registered or they were supposed to be. In some cases you had to keep them in the arms room. I’m sure it was different at other posts.  I know all enlisted soldiers at fort hood who lived in the barracks had to keep their personal firearms in the unit arms room. It was a pain in the butt inventorying them monthly as an Arms room officer because most of them did not fit in racks and had to be stored in approved wall lockers. Nice purchase