13th FA-inter war- Athletic Sweater Patched.

I have not been collecting much of late but could not pass up the 13th FA Patched Athletic Sweater with Track hash mark. Three photos attached plus one of the 13th FA that is all ready in my collection.

Sweater size is small

13th FA Sweater patch 5.5 X 8

13th Track hash-mark 1.25 X 4.5

13th FA patch from my collection 5 X 7.5

Hope you all enjoy

Mason

13 FA 5.5 X 8.jpg

13th FA Athletic Patch and Track hash mark.jpg

13th FA Athletic Sweater interwar period.jpg

13th FA Patch 5X7.5.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Very nice, 13th FA Athletic sweater circa 1930's, Hawaiian Division, Schofield Barracks, T.H.

There's a good ASIMC Trading Post article on these patches (January-March 2003) by one of our members and there are some very, very old topics on them if you dig deep on the forums.

Hawaiian Division Athletic Patches ASMIC.jpg

Mason that is a great example of an athletic sports sweater and cool to see how they applied the track tag.  Kinda like a hash mark.  They come in various colors too, blue/white and black/orange come to mind.  There are FOOTBALL, BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, BOXING etc... to represent what the individual athlete excelled in.  The sweaters were actual awards and not just any jock could get their hands on one.  I'm certain "Savage Sailor" has seen 1930's trophy tables photos from Schofield Barracks before the prizes were awarded at the annual Inter-Departmental Athletic Awards Ceremony.  I think there are some in the various Horse and Transportation Show programs.

John

What a great find and thanks for sharing. Very pleased to see how many also appreciate what a nice and rare find. Maybe a good idea to repost in the shoulder patch section so more could see and learn.

• 2 weeks later...