1/35 Scale Patton’s modified White Scout Car

Old Marine

This is an old model that I made and posted about 10 years ago.  I just got a new iPad and the camera is excellent so I thought I would test it with some new photos of this old model.

The kit I used for this model is the old Italeri White Scout Car. The repositioned interior, the bank of radios, and the added on front an back armor is all just scratch built from polystyrene sheets and pieces.  The General figure is a reworked General Patton figure from the old Tamiya Famous Generals set.

I based the modifications and markings from the two war time photos I found online.  Based on the photos I believe this to be somewhere in North Africa very soon after General Patton assumed command of the II Corps. If you notice in the photos the bumper number is IAC (I Armored Corps),  But there is a II Corps flag on the left front of the vehicle.  Having markings for both units leads me to believe that this was very soon after taking command and his maintenance  guys hadn’t had time to repaint the bumper numbers. 

Anyway it was a good model project and it has held up well.

thanks for looking.

Dennis

C48730DA-5EB0-49BB-ACAA-D730B64369C8.jpeg

C0895A2F-D67F-438D-AD59-541F8FCEC250.jpeg

3338E2E9-5069-4F10-ABF9-5D50109FCA10.jpeg

40C32443-7045-45A6-B3BF-7C6BD06EA0F8.jpeg

DAA478BB-04AE-494E-B633-B237BE049C99.jpeg

4AA72362-1840-4EBA-99B1-ED22FC08B1E9.jpeg

The iPad  camera works great. That is a fine looking scout car. Your weathering is outstanding especially on the duffels on the rear of the vehicle and your overhead shot gives us plenty of detailed interior of the vehicle. Looking good Dennis.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...