Theater made Raider tab ?

doughboy

You are probably aware that this tabs sits above an 8th Army patch and is Korean made.  My question would be when was this tab produced in South Korea?  Is it from the Korean War or more recently?  I understand that Company C, 47th Infantry Regiment was named the Raider Regiment back in 1917.  So was this an elite unit or a regular infantry regiment given the name Raider?   There is currently one of these tabs attached to an 8th Army SSI up for bid one eBay (see link).   I don't know the answers to these questions but am very curious myself so maybe someone else will enlighten us.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/pk212-Original-Korean-War-Era-US-Army-47th-Raiders-Over-8th-Army-SSI-Patch-WA10-/353060695120

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Hi,

Well,my thoughts were it's japanese made - but I'm not really familiarized with japanese made stuff.What do you think ! is this a good tab or a replica ?

Airborne-Hunter

There is an ASMIC reference to this piece in a 1962 (?) trading post, but the issue isn't available online and I have yet to find a physical copy so I do not know what it says. I have a similar Japanese made 47th Raider tab and I believe Vintageproductions has one on his site as well. This is the 3rd or 4th I have seen. I have never figured out what it is for and there is another topic on the forum as well about it without ID.

The piece shown over the 8th is definitely a modern piece. 

Best ABN

vintageproductions

The one I have on my site was whacked off of a M-51 field jacket the vintage clothing seller didn't want to sell.