Chin Straps for Saucer Caps

sgtbrown

Does anyone know of a source for leather chin straps for enlisted dress caps? All I can find today are plastic.

Tom thumbsup.gif

post-81-1232426298.jpg

Does anyone know of a source for leather chin straps for enlisted dress caps? All I can find today are plastic.

Tom thumbsup.gif

Are you pointing that strap out just so ppl know what you are talking about, or is that the strap you want replaced? If it's the latter, I'd vote for keeping it -- looks ok to me.

To directly answer your question, I've never actually seen a loose one for sale.

The photo is for illustration of what I am looking for only. I have a few caps with no straps at all.

Tom thumbsup.gif

I'd keep an eye on Ebay. While haven't had any Army brown straps I have come across 50-60 Navy and Marine Corps straps still in the original wrapper: I found and bought boxes of inventory from a uniform shop that went out of business in 1973, and I'm that similar finds of Army chinstraps surface once in a while. Also, some caps are some moth-eaten or dirty that the only thing worth salvaging is the strap, so look at the lowest vintage Army dress caps on ebay for something like that.