NOS 1944 US M3 Shoulder Holster with original packaging

Papas-Toybox

Picked this up on Saturday. NOS WW2 M3 pistol holster by Enger-Kress Company. I believe it was packaged 6-1-44, 5 days before D-Day.

Just need some acid free magazine covers to protect the paper and holster. Definitely NOT a user.

m3-3.jpg

m3-4.jpg

m3-5.jpg

M3-1.jpg

m3-2.jpg

The gun show did not have any food available and I had two hungry grandsons helping me. Domino's was required for me to survive.

7 hours ago, Papas-Toybox said:

The gun show did not have any food available and I had two hungry grandsons helping me. Domino's was required for me to survive.

Nice ! I like that you took the grandsons 

great holster once again

- Dean 

Dominos?  I feel sorry for you guys who have to eat pizza outside of New York.  Awesome holster and even more so with the original packaging, love it!

Rob

Thanks. I've had "Real" Chicago Dogs from a downtown Chicago street vendor, and real Mexican Tamales with my Mexican neighbors, but never a New York City Pizza so I'll have to take your word on that. 

The thing that really impressed me on my one and only and very short stay in NYC 30 years ago was the bagels.  I thought I knew what a good bagel was until I had them there.    Out of this world good.

My apologies, but this talk of pizza and dogs  triggered me.  

Mikie  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx Ronald and phantomfixer, I found a source on Ebay for the buckles.

When did Enger-Kress stop placing the date of manufacture on the M3's. My well used one one has 1944 stamped under the name?

Chuck.

Papas-Toybox

I know very little about WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam leather holsters. Except some are very expensive. Hopefully someone else can help.

Charlie Flick
On 9/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, Papas-Toybox said:

"NOS WW2 M3 pistol holster by Enger-Kress Company. I believe it was packaged 6-1-44, 5 days before D-Day."

That is indeed a very fine M3. 

BTW, your holster was not packaged on 6-1-44.   That date, found on the wrapper, is simply the date of the latest revision of the Ordnance Drawing for this type of holster.   They were made by Boyt, Enger-Kress and Sears Saddlery. 

These M3 holsters were made into 1945 but were eventually replaced by the improved M7 which was adopted in December 1944.  Late versions of the M7, modified to carry the M9 Beretta, were still in use after 2000.

Charlie Flick
9 hours ago, lambo35 said:

When did Enger-Kress stop placing the date of manufacture on the M3's. My well used one one has 1944 stamped under the name?

Chuck.

Chuck:   I don't know that anyone has the precise date of that change for you.   My guess would be the latter half of 1944.  The original poster's M3 was manufactured at some date after 6-1-44 and is not dated. 

HTH.

Regards,

Charlie