Ww2 or korean war beds

phil b

Does any one have any pictures of ww2 or korean war beds. I just bought a bed . On the end it says us and on the in side it says jones & laughlin. Trying to put together of a display of a army barracks. Thanks dor the help

The data is stamped into one of the ends of the bunk.  Sometimes if the bed has been painted multiple times it can be difficult to see the information.

• 1 year later...

I don't know about the actual dates, but those were the beds I slept on from basic to jump school (September 1966-February 1967).  When I got to Training Group, we had bigger beds and thicker mattresses.  Al most like a college dorm.

Larry

• 7 months later...
On 8/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, rtd_sf_eng said:

I don't know about the actual dates, but those were the beds I slept on from basic to jump school (September 1966-February 1967).  When I got to Training Group, we had bigger beds and thicker mattresses.  Al most like a college dorm.

Larry

I remember the ones from Camp Mackall in the tarpaper shacks that had the springs replaced with cut-out plywood and "rafting" my sleeping bag each morning.  Never occurred to me to look for any manufactured dates.