Anyone Notice Something Odd Here?

uniformcollector

uniformcollector

I was watching a video on the California Air National Guard and came across this Col. You would think that after at least a few decades of service, he wouldn't make this mistake!1125940817_ScreenShot2020-09-11at11_17_39PM.png.7a413acd0ae79a6c4b697f9cab46f587.png

It even looks as of the other side may be correct! I would bet that if this is his promotion ceremony (since he is taking an oath), a family member may have put it on wrong. I've seen similar things happen while in the Army- family pinning stripes on upside down, or Officer rank sideways.

uniformcollector
6 minutes ago, CNY Militaria said:

It even looks as of the other side may be correct! I would bet that if this is his promotion ceremony (since he is taking an oath), a family member may have put it on wrong. I've seen similar things happen while in the Army- family pinning stripes on upside down, or Officer rank sideways.

Good point! That is most likely what it is. At least it made it to the epaulet! 

collectsmedals

Might be someone playing a prank on him. Back in the late 1970's our watch officer wore his blues on watch because he had a meeting right after with the Captain. He left his white hat unattended and we turned the eagle upside down to prank him. Needless to say he was not happy with us when he got back from his meeting.