USAF Vietnam "Ryan's Raiders" grouping question about Chaplain patch

Legion

Hello All, I have had this grouping for years. Until last week they were glued in a picture frame. I found it interesting the Chaplin patches were glued together with the rest of the patches.  Anyways, does anyone have a story on the Vatican Tech Rep patch? I have been researching but have found nothing. I assume it is Chaplain related. Thanks, 

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

Looks like a typical Thai made party suit patch. Aircraft companies had Tech Reps at the bases to help with various issues. This appears to be a play on that, I would assume from a Catholic chaplain.  Nice grouping!

Randy

I agree with Randy.  I think Vatican Tech Rep is simply a novelty patch for a Catholic Chaplain.  Corporate tech reps were there to solve technical issues in the field.  One could say chaplains were doing the same on religious and moral manners.   Neat item.

Can’t tell you anything about the patch other  than it’s not Catholic. The patch has a the Christian cross and The Ten Commandments for the Jewish Chaplain. The Patch is an oddity.

marty

We were talking about the Vatican Tech rep patch. the other I believe is the generic USAF Chaplain Service patch showing the two prominent denominations at that time. 

The blue patch with the Cross and Tablets of Stone with the eagle on top, belongs to the Department of the Air Force, Chaplain Service.

Mark