Glider School Patch on Ebay caution

mortaydc60

Maybe too late since it is ending soon  but already over $300. At first glance and I mean just a quick blink maybe,and than you look closer. It has all the elements but it does not have WW2 construction as to thread work and the actually design is off in detail and proportion. So take a look and file it away so you know what to look for and AVOID in future.

Mort

s-l1600-24.jpg

s-l1600-23.jpg

I know that there are 2-3 color variations out there. 7-10 years ago these were $1000 patches but in the past 4 years they sell at ebay auction for $350-650, not the $1200 BIN that you currently see (which is the same style patch by worldwarpatches). Daniel Griffin has had 6-12 of these on his site (2 current) for the past 5 years at $450-525 per patch, all purple. I am not sure if a hoard of new old stock of these purple ones was found and several dealers/collectors snatched them up. 

Hi Steve,

there are three color variations to the glider, white,black and blue. You might be right,I am always open to listen but something to my eye just does not look correct in the design. Maybe the gliders are larger than they should be  but to me for now something is off and or it is so mint it just threw me off. Atleast it brings discussion. The lines of thread on the back seem uneven and not as uniform as they should be. Again it can just be old eyes. What do others think?

Mort no one is bad you are only bad if you don't say something and a piece of Garbage gets bought by someone.We all ask for each others help in finding out if stuffs real that's whats great about this forum.PS We All Still Love You.