SELLING HIGH-CAPACITY MAGS: WHOSE RESPONSIBILITY?

(note to mods: if this is the wrong forum, please move and let me know)

Whose responsibility is it to ensure that the buyer of a high-capacity magazine is legally allowed to own it wherever he/she lives?

If I'm selling -- for example -- a 15-round M1 Carbine magazine, do I simply take the buyer's agreement to buy it as his acknowledgement that he can legally own such, or am I the one who will be held responsible for selling it into a state/city where illegal, such as California, in this example?
I'm not a dealer, just a collector who might be thinning the herd at some point.

Does anyone have a source for a current (2020) listing of the various state/county/city restrictions on magazine sizes?

This is the only one I've found: https://www.northridgeinc.com/Articles.asp?ID=252

Any concrete info source much appreciated, both on my responsibility, the buyer's and source of info.

Z

There is a lot of discussion in this regard on the internet and you should read it and decide for yourself if it is worth the risk...  Check local laws,where applicable.  

Looking for items related to the Ninth Coast Artillery District and 6th Coast Artillery Regment

On 9/11/2020 at 5:47 AM, Blacksmith said:

And in general, don’t seek legal advice from a bunch of anonymous forum posters.

Absolutely:  that's why I wrote:

Does anyone have a source for a current (2020) listing of the various state/county/city restrictions on magazine sizes?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.