Army Commendation Medal to Frederick F. Frey with a question

JustinH

Army Commendation Medal to Frederick F. Frey.  I acquired this as part of a group of medals / insignia a while back when I was younger.  The original shadow box it was in was falling apart so I have put it into another case.  As I've researched this individual I believe I have run into an issue.  This group contains Frey's Commendation medal along with an American Campaign medal, Asiatic-Pacific medal, National Defense, and unnamed Good Conduct medal.  So far I have only found 1 Frederick F Frey and his enlistment shows October 1945.  With such a late enlistment I wouldn't think he could get either, let alone both.  Am I correct in this assertion?  Please let me know.

Thanks

Front Comm medal.jpg

Army Comm Reverse.jpg

It's possible that the enlistment record is for a re-enlistment. In researching my family tree, I've found many records exactly like this. On the NARA page, search by serial number and use the next higher and lower ASNs. This will show you his original enlistment date and location by using other people's enlistment records.