Non Sterling NS MEYER 9M Jump Wings Question

Seen a few of these up on Ebay and none of them are STERLING, as these are from 1954 to 1965with that 9M Code, shouldn't these be Sterling? Are these Restrikes???

s-00.jpg

s0.jpg

For several years now I've been seeing too many of the NS Meyers hallmarked paratrooper wings for sale and felt they were being re-struck by someone.  The lower paratrooper wing with the older 9 over M hallmark is for sure a poorly made reproduction with those clutch back pins with bulbous base that you see being sold at surplus stores.  However the top one may be a current legitimate basic paratrooper wing with the shinny finish that is worn by the USAF or the Sta-Brite finish worn by the Army.    

3 hours ago, Tonomachi said:

For several years now I've been seeing too many of the NS Meyers hallmarked paratrooper wings for sale and felt they were being re-struck by someone.  The lower paratrooper wing with the older 9 over M hallmark is for sure a poorly made reproduction with those clutch back pins with bulbous base that you see being sold at surplus stores.  However the top one may be a current legitimate basic paratrooper wing with the shinny finish that is worn by the USAF or the Sta-Brite finish worn by the Army.    

Whoops, that First one I posted I see was my error, thought it was a 9M 54-65, it is as we see a 22M post 65 Code Meyer.

And Thank You for your insight on the 9M, yes those clutch post bases are indeed sloppy.

• 1 year later...

Here are a couple more Meyer jump wings that are currently listed on eBay by two separate sellers. They are both described as being from WWII. One is pin back while the other is clutch back. Both appear to be post war unless there’s something I’m missing. 
Listing #1

CDB14783-638B-4543-A4BC-BE3A50DD4CF4.jpeg

A568FF33-DEFE-4B92-BB63-9A36675C1EB8.jpeg

6EFE2E23-F3EC-4CDD-92A5-457283254A76.jpeg