Vietnam war airborne jungle jacket - dragon patch?

35th Signal Brigade

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

35th Signal Brigade was stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina until 2007 when it relocated to Fort Gordon, Ga. The Brigade was originally formed as the 931st Signal Battalion in 1943. It served in the CBI and was deactivated in India in 1945. In 1967 it was reactivated and redesignated the 35th Signal Group at Ft Bragg, where it gained airborne status.

As part of the Army's Rapid deployment force the 35th Signal Group was once again redesignated as the 35th Signal Brigade in support of the 18th Airborne Corps Operations. It has deployed to Grenada, Honduras, Panama and the more recent conflicts from Desert Shield/Storm to Iraq, Afghanistan and the current follow on operations.

I would guess that this jungle fatigue uniform would have been worn post Vietnam at Ft Bragg as this was one of the acceptable and primarily used uniforms by the rapid deployment forces under the 18th Airborne Corps and other units to include the 82nd, 101st, Ranger and SF units. We were issued Vietnam era jungle fatigues as late as 1984 when I was stationed at Ft Campbell, KY with the 187th Infantry and we wore them during deployments to Panama, West Point, 29 Palms and other locations...

Leigh   

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

8 hours ago, Rakkasan187 said:

35th Signal Brigade was stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina until 2007 when it relocated to Fort Gordon, Ga. The Brigade was originally formed as the 931st Signal Battalion in 1943. It served in the CBI and was deactivated in India in 1945. In 1967 it was reactivated and redesignated the 35th Signal Group at Ft Bragg, where it gained airborne status.

As part of the Army's Rapid deployment force the 35th Signal Group was once again redesignated as the 35th Signal Brigade in support of the 18th Airborne Corps Operations. It has deployed to Grenada, Honduras, Panama and the more recent conflicts from Desert Shield/Storm to Iraq, Afghanistan and the current follow on operations.

I would guess that this jungle fatigue uniform would have been worn post Vietnam at Ft Bragg as this was one of the acceptable and primarily used uniforms by the rapid deployment forces under the 18th Airborne Corps and other units to include the 82nd, 101st, Ranger and SF units. We were issued Vietnam era jungle fatigues as late as 1984 when I was stationed at Ft Campbell, KY with the 187th Infantry and we wore them during deployments to Panama, West Point, 29 Palms and other locations...

Leigh   

Excellent info, Leigh - thanks!

I got my 1969 jungles or “hot weathers” when I was with A Co., 6-101st Avn Bn when we deployed to Honduras El Sal in 1989. 

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

I have a Honduras used set at the museum from 1990 and I personally wore them as part of the 5th Infantry Division (Mech) at Ft. Polk Louisiana in 1987. As a side note, I was with 35th Signal in Iraq in 2003.    Scott

donation2013.gif

The tropical uniform was authorized to be purchased and worn during hot weather Army-wide in about 1985-86 until the lightweight BDU uniform was fielded. They were available in the Clothing Sales Stores for about $8.00 a set.

22 hours ago, Rakkasan187 said:

Nack,

You're welcome..

Hope you are doing well..

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

All’s well here, Leigh - I hope the same can be said for you!