Any reputable sources for a GOOD Garand Op Rod?

Garandomatic

my CMP winchester simply would not cycle.  Barrel appeared twisted and not plumb with the receiver. Thought maybe the twist was causing binding in the gas tube, so back it went to the CMP. They indexed the barrel but it still wouldn't cycle, and I finally swapped op rods with my laser-like match garand... works fine. Hard to really tell for sure, but the op rod that came with it seemed like it has a bend to it...

I don't want to gamble with an ebay part. Too many junk parts. Anybody know a reputable source for a GOOD op rod? After dropping a grand on this very pretty Winchester, I can't afford to gamble.

Send it to Columbus Machine, they can straighten it good as new or put a new piston on it if needed. CMP also offers an exchange service on rebuilt op rods if you don’t want to wait.

or, contact CMP back about the issue. Hard to believe they sent it back not right. Usually they go through come backs pretty well. What are you using for ammo?

I wondered about Columbus Machine, but got an email back from the armory director at the CMP and they're going to have me ship my op rod and gas cylinder down to see what's going on.  I'd heard the CMP was great to work with, but didn't know if paying to ship the rifle once sorta wore out my welcome!

By comparison...

In 2007 I bought a brand new Auto-Ordnance Thompson.  WOuldn't cycle straight out of the box, mangle cases, firing pin punched clean through the primer and flash hole and into the powder chamber of the cartridge, extractor would bang itself out of position... They sent me an extractor, didn't fix it.  Sent the gun back to the factory and they lost it.  I called on the last day of their 6-8 week turn around time and they seemed surprised... "uh, yeah, it's here, somewhere..." and it still wouldn't work.  After maybe a week of trying to call the company I finally talked to someone that next-day aired a new bolt assembly that worked for the rest of the year before the extractor slot started developing cracks. Less than 1000 rounds total.  Ended up fixing the original bolt and firing pin.  Bolt was milled 0.030" too shallow so the extractor couldn't grab the casings and would just mangle when the bolt shut.