M1905/42 16" bayonet, 1942 & 1943(Rev) Dated blade

6th.MG.BN

I recently received a call from a dealer/collector/picker friend I know that wants some work done on his house.

Before I had a chance to look at the work he needed done he was showing me some recent finds. We quickly moved onto drawers full of bayonets, Imperial &WWII German, Japanese and one full of WWI & WWII US M1905 16" bayonets. I made a pile of bayonets I was interested in and asked him what he wanted for them. He then made a case of why he wanted to keep all but three.

One of the ones he wanted to hold onto was a WWII 16" bayonet maker marked UFH or AFH(I can't remember) and dated 1942. When you flipped it over it was also marked UFH or AFH and dated 1943.

He looked it over and said he wanted to keep it because it was the only 1942 dated one he had, he never saw the other side was dated 1943 also.

I don't ever recall seeing another 16" bayonet dated 1942 and 1943? I was wondering if any other member has one or ever saw one?

I plan on giving him a price on the work he wants done and going back down to try to buy or offer some trade to secure it.

If all else fails, I will try to get some pictures of it.

Ken

I second that!  But I just realized that I have a photo of a dual marked UFH 1905, but can't read the date on the one side (I didn't bit high enough).

Marv

UFHa.jpg

I will keep you posted. Id love to get it off him but he tends to keep alot of stuff. If I can't I'll try to take some pics (in front of a mirror) to show both sides or a video.

Ken

Looks like it may have been initially a rejected blade, that was recycled, or improperly stamped. Also noticed the smaller ordinance bomb over stamped on the "S in Marv's pics. Very cool, and interesting. SKIP

Only UFH could pass a mess like this! The reason? There was a war on! Priority was on functionality over cosmetics. 

Very cool and unusual M1905!