WTB: M228 practice grenade fuzes

daskrieg

Looking to buy several grenade fuzes for the practice M228 grenades. If you have any for sale please PM me, I do not need the extras just the heads. Thanks Dwayne

20200904_205401.jpg

I took this fuse head out of my training grenade in order to photograph it. It is a vietnam era to modern training grenade. If i am wrong please inform me with knowledge as i am not knowledgeable in the different styles.

I have several of these, They are real as they came from an "uninventoried" room before the National Guard barracks was torn down. I was able to get around 30 of them all just bodies but I do have some spring kits and handles. Two of these came still in the packing tubes marked M289A1. This one is marked P9 and others are M6

20200905_093319.jpg

That is a US M30 Practice Grenade Body in your photo. The proper fuze would be M205 Series with 9/16” threads. The M228 Fuzes have 5/8” threads. The photo shows that your body is currently fitted with a M201 Series fuze body (Also 9/16”) thread, with an M228 Fuze Lever, which is improper / mixed assembly.