WW1 Serial number help

Markboy80

Hello, I recently learned that my great grandfather served in WW1 for the United States. I spoke to my grandmother and she gave me some details along with his serial number. My question is, is there a website that allows me to search a serial number with immediate results? 

I'm not aware of any such data base being available, but the serial number can be traced to certain blocks which were assigned to various units.  Not sure that all can be so traced or narrowed down but believe that information was discussed once at least on this forum.

Fold3.com is what I use to search serial numbers and names. You will need a subscription or post the info here and maybe someone will kindly look it up for you.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

His name is Joseph Tolbert and his serial number is 95000808. He was with the 42nd infantry “rainbow” division. 

I appreciate any info you could get. 
thanks. 

Name: Joseph Tolbert

Rank or Rating: Private

Unit: Co. L, 110th Infantry, 28th Division

Service Number: 95808

Additional Information:

Pvt. Co. L; Assgd. Oct. 12, '18; Wounded Nov. 9, '18; Ret. to D. Jan. 1, '19; Disch. May 23, '19; 80 May St., Montgomery, AL

8 hours ago, Pointedcuffs said:

Name: Joseph Tolbert

Rank or Rating: Private

Unit: Co. L, 110th Infantry, 28th Division

Service Number: 95808

Additional Information:

Pvt. Co. L; Assgd. Oct. 12, '18; Wounded Nov. 9, '18; Ret. to D. Jan. 1, '19; Disch. May 23, '19; 80 May St., Montgomery, AL

Thanks so much for the info. 👍🏼