252nd Artillery on eBay

Ray42

This really rare DI recently sold on eBay, unfortunately I got sniped while I was in class and did not win it but I thought it was worth sharing this really rare insignia with the forum. The normal 252nd Artillery DI is an embroidered cloth example but occasionally very delicate decaled pins such as this can be found for the unit. There are a couple of theories for the existence of these such as that only a small subsection of the unit had them made. When ASMIC published the "Best of the Best" issue this DI was excluded because one of the rules for the issue was that only pins that "a collector had a reasonable chance to acquire" were considered, and apparently this DI was just too rare. I'm disappointed these got away because I do not know when another opportunity to find a matched pair of these DI will come up but it goes to show that there are still some really great things to find on eBay. 

252nd Artillery.png

252nd Artillery2.png

You are right.  There are great finds on ebay.  I bought this 256th FA DI in 2018.  It was listed under "Other Pinbacks"

It was a "Make  Offer.  I offered $10.00 and they took it.  This DI is listed in ASMIC's "Best of the Best" page 51 Field

Artillery DIs.  Take care, Pat

20200908_173454.jpg.3b5822b5c149d0f523cdfc244a2af183.jpg20200908_173510.jpg.6f6664d1317b4b351c04a32ac858144a.jpg

That is a truly awesome find, I have never seen that pin in the wild before except for the best of the best article. On rare days I have found some of the best of the best pins mislabeled, but never for 10$ thats just amazing. Congrats and thanks for showing it!

That is a great one, I remember when you found that and first posted it because I had just seen one sell for pretty big money on eBay. That was certainly a great find.  I have found some kind of unique variants as low BINs but the only "Best of the Best" ASMIC pin that would be on the same level of rarity that I found out of the woodwork ended up a little bit of a bidding war. I hope one day I come across a low BIN like these but the neat thing is that you never know what will pop up next.