Zambrano, John - New Jersey

brost66

I am seeking the return of a Purple Heart collection for Sgt. John Zambrano, T4, from West Paterson, NJ, who was killed in the Battle of the Bulge.  It was "liquidated" by a certain family member without the approval or permission of the other family members, including Sgt. Zambrano's surviving brothers, and the other heirs would love to have it back.   

I know that Tom Lane had it, but I understand he passed away last year.  I do not know what happened to his collection at that time, but we would love to reunite the piece of family history with Sgt. Zambrano's loving family, who had no knowledge it was (improperly) transferred to someone else.  Other items in the group included three certificates for the medal as well as a copy of Sgt. Zambrano's obituary.  Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, everyone!

I too have been searching for a family member who was killed on Okinawa in April 1945. Good Luck in bring the medals home. I will look out for the Zambrano PH Group.

Best Regards,

John