Unusual Brass Axe Attachment

This one might be a stretch, but hoping someone can help me identify if this item is military or not?  It's 8 long and came inside an old military pouch, but thats all I know about it.  It unscrews so you can break it down if needed.  

20200904_100026.jpg

20200904_100055.jpg

20200904_100101.jpg

Thank you, that is actually more interesting than what I thought it might be.  Something to research for sure, appreciate the insight!  If anyone has an ideas on the age or origin of it, would welcome the thoughts.  

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

That was the symbol of Mussolini's Italy.  Juts a wild guess, but maybe it was for a flag staff or something like that?

OK, AZ's post popped up while I was typing.  I will defer to his research skills.  

Mikie

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Could it be a flag topper ? Looks like it has threads inside. The ones AZ posted have a marble base. 

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

Very interesting, I checked the base, it looks like threads inside, but its actually smooth.  Still it does look like it mounts onto something based on the bottom section and the open cavity there.  

8 hours ago, mikie said:

That was the symbol of Mussolini's Italy.  Juts a wild guess, but maybe it was for a flag staff or something like that?

OK, AZ's post popped up while I was typing.  I will defer to his research skills.  

Mikie

Fasces was also integral to the NY 71st infantry regiment "American guard" from 1854-1992 when disbanded

30 minutes ago, Linedoggie said:

Fasces was also integral to the NY 71st infantry regiment "American guard" from 1854-1992 when disbanded

It's been around at least since Roman times. Next time you see the podium of the House of Representatives, you will notice 2 of them on the wall behind it.

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

22 hours ago, Starporium said:

This one might be a stretch, but hoping someone can help me identify if this item is military or not?  It's 8 long and came inside an old military pouch, but thats all I know about it.  It unscrews so you can break it down if needed.  

20200904_100026.jpg

20200904_100055.jpg

20200904_100101.jpg

Hi Starporium,  in the same section that you have posted this ' Unknown, can you identify ' forum member ' air mechanic has posted a number of patches there is a fasces shown on a patch in an image he has posted over on the left.  I have no idea on the patch possibly US it's not my period of collecting maybe another lead for you if you i.d. the patch.

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/346507-vintage-patch-collection/&_fromLogin=1

cheers lewis 

.fullsizeoutput_6344.jpeg.f9c90fe520f15c7525d5c67470a8061c.jpeg 

Young enough to care and enjoy militaria - Old enough to remember as surplus

" Life's too short for reproductions "

Life is like a tank of gas, the closer you get to a quarter tank, the faster it goes 

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif