Vietnam Missions Patches

skio

Thought I would start a topic on mission patches from the Vietnam War. Interested in seeing what else is out there regardless of if it is USAF,USN or US Army. Here are some of mine to start the ball rolling!

Steve

post-5041-1232385628.jpg

Two Hours patches...I know these aren't missions, but they are VN era. If anyone knows any info on the C-7 0-0 hours, please send me a PM... THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!

post-2063-1232459897.jpg

However, someone gave us this answer as an ID. Not sure if the ID is right or not, but I would love to know what yall think...Its neat how people could still have fun even while at war.

post-2063-1232460547.jpg

[Great stuff everyone. That's what I wanted to see is the stuff not normally found. Gives one a sense of what is out there.

Dave-Killer patch. Never seen that one.

Teamski-I have a friend of mine who flew with the 433rd TFS and has one of these. Been trying for over 10 years to talk him out of it!

Mr-X=That is VERY nice. Would be interested in that one should the owner ever decide to part with it :)

All-Bull-Nice group of patches. The odd ball stuff is really neat. The Snoopy patch is one I have but Thai made puffy back. I'll dig it out and post it.

Steve

another novelty with snoopy

all-bull,Here is mine.Got this one with a group of other patches from a friend who owned a surplus store back in the early 80s.I transported a couch for him with my pick-up for the stack!

post-5041-1232510974.jpg

• 1 year later...

Great topic!

I have that 100 Missions Starfighter patch in my collection. Got it straight from Lt. Col. Harold Alston, the first USAF F-104 pilot to fly 100 missions over NVN.

Here what he had to say about the patch, "The 100 mission patch was designed by someone in the 435 TFS while we were at Udorn RTAFB and was manufactured in-theater. Lockheed was not involved."

Strange about the F-104 patch, as all the ones I've seen over the years are old US made, not Thai etc. If you have a Thai one I'd love to see it, there's so many variations out there. I have over 100 fighter/tac recce mission patches; this is a very large area to collect in its own right.

Randy