Identified Pre WW1 Coastal Artillery Bandsman RRPC

CHASEUSA11B

I’m not a photo collector but I found this at an antique store and thought it was cool. The photo shows a Coastal Artilleryman in a pre WW1 uniform. He has 9th band collar discs and a coastal artillery first class rate on the sleeve. 
on the back it is named to 

Emile Z Dersin

9th Band 

CAC.

i found his obituary and it states:

EMBLE Z. DERSIN

HOUTZDALE — Emile Dersin, 78, a resident of Atlantic, Houtzdale R. D.. died at 8:25 o'clock yesterday morning in the Philipsburg State General Hospital where he had been a patient for five weeks.

He was a retired coal miner and was a veteran of World War I. having served eight years in the Army. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church at Ramey, a member of the Houtzdale Veterans of Foreign Wars Post, and a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles of Clearfieid.

A son of Joseph and Marie Dersin, he was born at Houtzdale Jan. 22, 1892. He is survived by his wife,, the former Vera Grasko of Atlantic, and by one daughter. Mrs. Florman Finney of Houtzdale R. D. He is also survived by two sisters: Mrs. Edmund Dinant of Houtzdale and Mrs, Divin Godin of Erie. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death.

Friends will be received in the Raymond M. Hayes Funeral Home this evening beginning at 7 o'clock and on Sunday afternoon and evening. Parastas will be said Sunday at 8 p. m. Requeim Mass will be sung in the St. Mary's Church, at Ramey Monday at 9:30 a. m. with the Rev. Frank Patrylak as the celebrant. Interment wfll be in the church cemetery.

1D46A01B-ED1D-4FB9-84F7-AAC6E5A7E6EB.jpeg

35E9AB3C-7DAC-4E48-96B0-35961F3C6A0A.jpeg